Happy Joe is excited to announce that we will be conducting WP BootCamp Las Vegas on September 18th, 2015 at the Innevation Center powered by SWITCH. This one day workshop precedes WordCamp Las Vegas to be held on September 19th and 20th.
WP BootCamp Las Vegas
Our objective for WP BootCamps is to reduce the high veteran unemployment and veteran suicide rates plaguing our country by showing our military community new opportunities that can change their lives!
WP BootCamp Las Vegas teaches our military veterans how to build an incredible business or career in the web technology industry with WordPress! They will receive valuable advice and training, as well as have the opportunity to network with other professionals in the industry. PLUS all military veterans and current service members will receive some great bonus gifts.
- DATE: September 18th, 2015
- LOCATION: Innevation Center by SWITCH, Las Vegas NV
- TIME: 9 am – 4 pm
- LIMITED SEATING: 60
- TICKETS: Military veterans and service members are free. $20 per ticket for general admission.
- LUNCH AND DRINKS INCLUDED
Anyone Welcome to Attend!
While Happy Joe focuses on helping our military veterans and their families, our training events are not exclusive. We welcome anyone who wants to build a business or career in WordPress or web tech to attend. We believe that bridging the gap between the military and civilian communities is essential to the success of all. Plus our training is applicable to everyone.
What You Will Learn
WP BootCamp is all about showing you the skills needed to succeed in this industry. We won’t dig into code or design and we certainly won’t bore you with geek speak. Our instructors will provide you will real world, actionable advice that will get you to the next level.
WP BootCamp Las Vegas sessions will include:
- Bridging the Gap between Civilians and Military in Web Tech
- Discovering The Amazing Opportunities in WordPress
- Starting Off Right with WordPress (Advice, Skills, Products,Training, Resources)
- Focusing On Your Strengths (Designer, Developer, or Other?)
- Building Your Brand or Reputation
- Marketing Your Skills
- Earning More Money and Selling Your Value
- Getting Your Foot in the Door with WordPress Companies
- Succeeding as a Business Owner or Freelancer
- Question and Answer Session
- Veteran Success Stories
- Special Presentation by National Veterans Foundation
- Networking and Connecting
Happy Joe is honored to have the National Veterans Foundation and several of their team members attending our event. NVF was founded byFloyd “Shad” Meshad, who served as a Medical Service Officer during the Vietnam War. National Veterans Foundation has helped thousands of military veterans with their needs and they will be ending our day with a very special presentation.
We are also honored to have Operation Supply Drop and their team joining us for WP BootCamp Las Vegas. Operation Supply Drop’s mission is to “Make Fun Where There is None” by preparing and sending video game care packages downrange and to military recovery hospitals. They also have local teams all over the United States that benefit our veterans