Last Friday we had the opportunity to hold our first WP BootCamp in Las Vegas and I am excited to report that it was a huge success!
We had thirty people in attendance at WP BootCamp with 14 military veterans representing all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. The feedback we received was extremely positive. Most of our attendees were new to WordPress and web technology, yet they were very excited about the possibilities in front of them. Attendees who already have a career or business in WordPress said they learned valuable advice that would get them to the next level.
WP BootCamp Las Vegas was more than providing people with advice; we conducted small group discussions and personal exercises that would help them get started on the path to success on Monday. Attendees were able to receive coaching and ask plenty of questions to help them on their journey. This aspect of our event was really liked by all.
Some of the other highlights from WP BootCamp Las Vegas included:
- A special presentation from Nate Serefine on Operation Supply Drop and their awesome mission to create teams in cities across the United States that bring the military and civilian communities together in fun ways.
- A special presentation by Frank Spady about the National Veterans Foundation and how they are making a difference in veteran’s lives by focusing on the high veteran suicide rate and other needs in the military community.
- Earle Keizer of Business Continuity Technologies presented four valuable certificates from COMPTIA which will be given to veterans who have attended WP BootCamps. We will have more updates on this soon.
It was an amazing day of learning, relationship building, coaching, mentoring, and having fun. Attendees were already asking when we were going to have another event.
What Our Attendees Had to Say
We asked our friends as WP BootCamp Las Vegas to share their thoughts and feedback before they left on Friday. Here’s some of those comments.
“Great service provided for the community! I enjoyed and appreciated every minute of the program. Thank you guys!” – Staff Sergeant LaVarus Calloway, USAF
“As a veteran it meant a lot to have the opportunity to be at WP BootCamp. It will make a change in my life.” – John Reed, US Navy
“WP BootCamp was great. I learned a lot of information and can’t wait for HappyJoe.com to launch. Thank you for having this bootcamp.” – Randy Domingo
“Thanks to all the sponsors for their support. It is very much appreciated!” – Kerry Carron, USAF
“Thank you to all of the sponsors and Happy Joe for the great seminar.” – Andrew Hoffman, US Army
A Special Thanks to the Following People
I want to thank all of our corporate partners who made this WP BootCamp possible:
iThemes, Sucuri Security, Squadron, WebDevStudios, Automattic, Siteground, WP101.com, A2 Hosting, 10up, WP SiteCare, Lucid Oils, Manage WP, GoDaddy Pro, Vuber Technologies, and Operation Supply Drop.
I want to thank Frank Spady and Elizabeth Crane for their hard work and efforts to help pull this event together! They also brought all the delicious snacks and drinks. I’m honored that both of you are my new business partners.
Thank you to Kerry Carron for presenting and sharing your insights with our community. You were fantastic!
There are also many people who purchased tickets for our military veterans and we salute you all!
We are especially thankful to the Innevation Center and their team for offering us a world class facility to host WP BootCamp Las Vegas in. Everyone loved the location.
More WP BootCamps Ahead!
Happy Joe still has two WP BootCamps coming up.
- WP BootCamp Tampa will happen this Friday, September 24th, in conjunction with WordCamp Tampa.
- WP BootCamp Austin will take place on October 16th and October 17th.
Don’t miss out on these incredible events. We hope to see you there!