Happy Joe is excited to announce we are partnering with the Veterans Transition Resource Center and will be moving our base of operations to Las Vegas, Nevada. We will be offering veteran training programs to the military community in Nevada.
The veteran population of Nevada has steadily increased over the last decade and shows no signs of slowing down.
- Nevada has a veteran population of 226,555
- 11% of Nevada’s adult population are veterans of the U.S. military
- 10.4% is the unemployment rate for veterans in Nevada
- 7.1% of Nevada’s veterans live in poverty
- 16.9% of Nevada’s veterans have a service connected disability rating (38,237 Veterans)
Based on our research, we have incredible opportunity to make a difference in Nevada and the doors have opened up for us to help.
Veteran Training Programs in Las Vegas
Happy Joe will begin conducting “on the ground” veteran training programs in Las Vegas by the end of 2016.
Our partnership with Veterans Transition Resource Center provides us with complete access to classrooms, a state of the art video recording studio, office space, recreational equipment, and conference rooms. We’ll provide ongoing workshops and training programs. We’ll be able to record our sessions and make them available online. And we’ll be able to make a greater impact for veterans by sharing resources with other VTRC partners.
What veteran programs and training will we offer in Las Vegas?
- WP BootCamps
- WordPress Designer and Developer Training
- Freelancer Survival School
- Vetrepreneur Basic Training
We have developed curriculum and training resources for these programs four programs. We will also present workshops on a variety of other veteran related topics.
What is the Veterans Transition Resource Center?
The Veterans Transition Resource Center is a 15,000 square foot facility that just opened their doors on August 4th, 2016. VTRC is a vast network of government agencies, non-profit agencies, military organizations, and for-profit businesses offering a one “START” shop for all components of the military community. VTRC assists military veterans, military families, active-duty personnel, reserves, and members of the National Guard.
The Veterans Transition Resource Center is a collaborative partnership between Life After Active Duty and Veterans Care Foundation, created to help fill the gap in Veteran Services. The facility and network partners will provide a variety of programs to help our military personnel and their families.
Founders Eva Secchiar, Jim Lytner, and RJ Dough of VTRC have big plans for the future and we are honored to be a part of the mission.
How you can get involved
You have an incredible opportunity in front of you to help military veterans and their families. There are plenty of ways to get involved, including:
- WordPress Instructors: We will be seeking volunteer instructors to assist us with our WordPress training programs and workshops.
- WordPress Mentors (Online): We will need online mentors for our WordPress programs.
- Business Mentors (Online): We will need online mentors for our entrepreneur program and business training.
- Serve at VTRC: We need ground troops who can volunteer their time for a variety of tasks.
- In-Kind Donations: We are seeking laptop and desktop computers, WordPress resources, business resources, software, and other resources integral to our training programs and workshops.
- Monetary Donations: Funding is the lifeblood of these programs. Your contributions allows us to offer these programs free of charge or for low cost to our military community.
- Corporate Sponsorships: Help veterans and get global brand recognition at the same time!
If you would like to be involved in this awesome mission, please contact us today. We’ll set up a time to talk with you and answer any questions you might have.